Monday, October 2, 2023

Grand Canyon - Rim to Rim Hike

Millions visit the Grand Canyon, take some pictures, climb back on their buses, and believe they "know" the Grand Canyon.  Very few hike the canyon rim to rim, some 24 miles of hiking.

My brother-in-law Spike Wellman hiked across last week.  I was pleased to offer some advice as he spent months training.  It is a wonderful hike but not without risk of injury, even death.

I spent two days going across, rim to rim.  Spike went across in one day, in 20 hours.  Congratulations Spike, you are now a member of the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim Club.  

I made a video, link below, after I became a member of the Rim-to-Rim Club.  It is a very emotional experience when climbing out of the canyon after months of planning and training.  I believe the music I selected, by Neil Diamond, really sums up the experience.

Turn up the volume and enjoy the grandeur of the Grand Canyon.



President Teddy Roosevelt visited the Grand Canyon, stood by the rim and stated "leave it as it is, you can not improve upon it".

No comments:

Post a Comment